This one-of-a-kind rural retreat will make you feel at home the moment you enter into the breathtaking interior spaces. Built for the son of Generalissimo Francisco Gregorio Canton by Italian, Enrico Desarti, who also built the Peon Contreras Theater and the Palacio Canton, which is now the Anthropology Museum on Paseo Montejo.
The interior furnishings, included in the price, are Classic European and decorated by an internationally recognized designer when it was his home. The restoration architect, Henry Ponce won the Architectural Digest’s first place prize for Authentic Restoration and the home has been featured in Architectural Digest and Ambientes magazines. Fully restored in 2005 this home has been impeccably maintained.
For the discriminating buyer.
Completely furnished and ready to move in
- 10 rooms, 2 interior courtyards, 2 terraces, and 3 bathrooms.
- 496 m2 of usable floor space.
- All original pasta tile floors
- 18-1/2 foot ceilings on both floors
- Massive, original marble staircase
- Roof sealed with 1 to 1-1/2-inch closed cell polyurethane foam
- 11 mini-split air conditioners
- Blue glass tiled pool with recirculating filter system
- Both 2-story courtyards have custom Maya Crema fountains and are screened.
- Automatic watering system.
- Washer, dryer, microwave
- Fully screened throughout.
- Spacious gourmet kitchen with granite counter tops and large island.
- Professional 6-burner stove with 2 ovens.
- Dishwasher and garbage disposal.
- Large capacity refrigerator with french doors.
- Wine refrigerator.
- Enormous master bedroom suite with dressing room.
- Ceiling fans in most rooms
- Home water system self-contained and totally potable from deep well which goes through UV-light sanitization, then softened, and then through reverse osmosis system for kitchen sink drinking water and ice maker to remove chemicals and improve taste. Lab tested better than bottled water.
- Monthly parking space(s) available directly through the back gate. Price to be negotiated.
- Centrally located. Short 2 blocks to the Peon Contreras, home of the Yucatan Symphony Orchestra, and 2 blocks to Santa Lucia park’s cultural events and popular restaurants.
Any questions or to schedule a private showing contact Marie Alice Barchus: call or Whatsapp 999 908 70 32 or contact Rafael Viades @ 999 437 1168 Whatsapp…